Monday, July 11, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons....

When life gives you lemons .......ride a bike.

I bought a bike last year and I absolutely love my 2 wheel wonder. Riding a bike reminds me of my childhood - being carefree with not a care in the world. For the few hours that I am on my bicycle I forget the million things that are looming in my ever fertile mind. My favorite ride in Manhattan is along the west side highway. The Hudson River keeps one company along the bike path that leads to either Fort Lee or the Cloisters (depending on the turns you take). Swerving in and out of traffic also is thrilling; the cab drivers are your worst enemies on the road - so you have to be careful; but the adrenalin rush of beating traffic is so worth it ! Nothing better that riding in the summer and then sipping some lemonade to cool off. 

2 comments:

arvind said...

Welcome back! Your description is so crisp, so graphic, i was imagining me riding the bike, followed by a khatta taste in the mouth :) Nimbuda, Nimbuda, Nimbuda!Keep them coming, Alef!

Alefiyah said...

Thanks for the encouragement Arvind. I will be better about writing and posting :)